Verb Tense Review Part 2


Complete the sentences with the verbs given in brackets in the right verb tense.

22. Listen to this awful noise! Where _________________ (it / come) from? 

23. The crew ____________________ (give) instructions to the passengers while the plane ____________________ (make) an emergency landing. 

24. What do you think you _________________ (do) a year from now? 

25. By the time the technician _______________________ (arrive), we had already been trapped in the lift for nearly two hours. 

26. It’s great to see you! When ________________________ (you / get back) from your holiday, James? 

27. Meg was on the bus when she _____________________ (realise) that she ________________ (forget) her purse. 28. By the end of May, Julia _________________________  (have) her baby.

29. I _________________ (not take) the dog for a walk last night because Bill _________________ (already / do) it. 30. Linda and Brad __________________ (not speak) since she __________________ (see) him kissing another girl. 

31. By the time my parents got home, the snow _________________________ (stop) yet.

32. Then, as I _____________ (be) really tired, I __________ (fall) asleep while I ___________________ (read) in bed. 

33. My mother _________________ (fall) ill last week and I _____________________ (make) all the meals instead of her. She still _____________________ (not feel) well so she ___________________ (see) a doctor tomorrow. I hope she _____________________ (get) better soon.




toad in the rain

34. I ____________________ (be) disappointed because I ______________________ (expect) the film to be more exciting.

35. I _____________________ (spend) this evening in a pub with my friends. Everybody ________________________ (smoke) and now my hair _________________ (smell) of cigarette smoke! I _____________________ (wash) it as soon as I get home. 

36. I _______________________ (study) hard the whole term so I __________________________ (pass) the term test. I hope I ____________________ (get) a good mark and in a few weeks I ____________________ (enjoy) my holiday! I think I __________________ (deserve) it!