"To Be" Present Tense Exercises

Write: is, isn't, are, aren't, am, 'm not

a) She isn’t from Spain. She ………… from Mexico.

b) You …………............…Hungarian. You are Italian.

c) My favourite sport is tennis. It …………… football.

d) I am British. I ……………………. French.

e) We aren’t musicians. We ………………. students.

f) I …………………….. a musician. I’m not a teacher.

g) Tony’s sixteen years old. He ……. sixty years old.

h) They aren’t from Egypt. They ……….. from Brazil.

i) He ………………. from Mexico. He’s from Japan.

j) She isn’t twenty years old. She …………. twenty-two.


Write questions:

a) They are from the USA. 

........................................................................... 

b) She is very tall. 

...........................................................................

c) We are short and well-built. 

...........................................................................

d) He is tall and slim. 

...........................................................................

e) I am Japanese.

...........................................................................


Finish the conversation:

John: Hello. I’m John Smith. ………………………………………………………?

Beth: My name is Beth Brown.

John: …………………………………………………………………………..?

Beth: I’m thirty-two years old?

John: ……………………………………………………………………………?

Beth: I’m from Manchester, England. Are you from Manchester too?

John: No, I’m not. I’m from Cardiff.

Beth: ……………………………………………………………………………..?

John: I’m a doctor.

Beth: ………………………………………………………………………………?

John: I’m forty years old.   

be verb worksheet