Past Tense Practice

Read the incomplete sentences below and then complete them with the correct form of the verbs.

HELP, DRIVE, WRITE, BUY, SLEEP, WORK, PLAY, SPEAK, LIVE, LEAVE, MAKE, WIN, MAKE, LOSE, COOK, FINISH, LEAVE

1. Jim ______ a new tie yesterday.
2. Ann _______ to her brother on the phone.
3. Hellen was tired because she _______ all day.
4. Mina _______ her homework before her mom arrived.
5. Tom _______ by plane last night.
6. I _______ in Newcastle for twenty years.
7. Anna _______ on the sofa last night.
8. Chad _______ my car to the mechanic.
9. I _______ computer games all afternoon.
10. Aly _______ me with my homework yesterday.
11. Mom _______ lunch before dad came home.
12. June realized that she _______ her watch.
13. She _______ cakes to sell at the bazaar.
14. I _______ the letter before the film started.
15. Jen _______ a gold medal last year.

Yes... That is me in the brown suit.