"A, An, Some, Any" Practice

Put A/An/Some/Any into the correct spot. (Answers at the end)


  1. Give me.................banana, please?

  2. Are there......................grapes?

  3. I’d like to eat.....................chips.

  4. We need..............apple and..............cherries for the cake.

  5. Is there...................butter in the fridge?

  6. I want................hot dog ,please.

  7. We don’t have.................milk left.

  8. I don’t want.................tea. Thank you.

  9. Does she drink............milk?

    10.There is ............... egg sandwich on your plate. Eat it, please.

    11. I don’t like .............. vegetables.

    12.I need ............. drink.

    13.I’m hungry. I’ll take .................. salad. 

    14.Have we got ................... potatoes?

    15.I’ll make ............ tuna sandwich for you. 

    16.Let’s have ................ orange juice.

    17. Do you want ........... orange?

    18.We’ve got ................ strawberries so we can make .............. dessert. 

    19.There isn’t ................. sugar. 

    20.I’ll have ............... chicken soup. 

___________________________________________________________________________

Answers:

  1. a

  2. any

  3. some

  4. an, some

  5. any

  6. a

  7. any

  8. any

  9. any

  10. an

  11. any

  12. a

  13. some

  14. any

  15. a

  16. some

  17. an

  18. some, a

  19. any

  20. some

    hot dog humor